Monday, January 5, 2009

Last Night's Dinner


I was bored last night, and since my husband was still flying around the country, I decided to let my creative muse do her thing. I pulled out a tuna steak from the freezer, and let it come to room temperature. I looked in the refrigerator, and yes, I still had some of the salads that I picked up at Publix Greenwise in the SoHo District of Tampa left - Quiona, Wakami, and Wheatberry. I put the bottle of 2005 Golden Kaan Chardonnay (a fantastic West African wine, if you ask me) into the refrigerator.

Around 6pm, I put my "house" seasoning (1/4 t. each of Kosher Salt, 5 Color Peppercorns, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Paprika, and finely ground 65% cacao) on both sides, and quickly seared in 2 T. of olive oil. I added 1/4 c. of the three salads above, and poured myself a glass of the wine.

Sometimes, life is good.....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and I'll post as soon as possible. Thanks!